Monday, April 2, 2012

the new girl

 i feel like the ultimate new girl. i'm new to this blogging thing, i'm new to the ri craft fair thing, and i'm new to this start my own business thing.  lucky for me i have friends and family that have more faith in me than i do. this past saturday i had my first local craft fair as "i want a pony". i was scared that all the work i had done would go unnoticed. i was fearful that people would not receive my style or ideas well. i almost thought that i was crazy and maybe i would just skip it. my lovely cousin becky heard that i was doing this show and offered to make me cards.
 after seeing all the work she put into them, i went through with it. my husband built me displays, he loaded up his car with all my stuff, and he drove me to the show. he patted my hand as i cried in said car. he listened to me as i expressed my fear of failure. he spoke of my talents and how proud he was to be my husband. he helped me set up and he took pictures.

 


 this was my display. i finally saw what he saw. everyone else saw what my family and friends saw. i was a hit. everyone loved my mix of product with antiques. my packages was oooohed over. my merchandising was awwwwwed over. so i may not be zooey deschanel, but this new girl aint half bad. so this is a thanks to all who believe in me. i hope you all will keep tuning in to see how this all turns out! stay tuned...
  

3 comments:

  1. Go Carla! I want to buy everything on the table!!! P.S. I JUST threw out a bunch of china tea cups!! If I knew you were making candles, they would be yours. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go New Girl! Can't wait to see what the future brings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Carlos!! Keep it up! <3 U!

    ReplyDelete